Yesterday at 12:42 PM I received a response to my open letter to the Chicago Dyke March Collective (CDMC). Without CDMC’s consent I will not be quoting the e-mail at length or giving a point-by-point response. However, I can in good conscience disclose the following:
- CDMC has not conceded my demands.
- CDMC has made a counter-proposal in which it has offered to do less than it offered to do when I met with two of its representatives in May (despite the fact that it has caused more harm since then).
- The response has all the earmarks of a letter written at the eleventh hour.
- It is perhaps in line with the above that throughout most of the letter CDMC refers to me in the third person.
- The response left me feeling objectified.